Wednesday, February 4, 2009

sunshine on my shoulders...

makes me happy...haha. But really I love waking up to sunlight streaming inside my apartment it makes the day start off so much better. But with an old fashioned railroad and only 4 windows I start to think new images are impossible...but inspiration still comes...there are always new corners to discover....

This embroidery is really coming along now...I like it so far and it is a new shape and size for me.
So I am excited to see the finished work. I am excited to really get settled and have a productive day in the studio...Hopefully the sun is shining in there too.

And an homage to a man most New Yorkers will miss... the farmers market will never be the same.

3 comments:

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

I like sunshine when it's on my hair; it's dark brown. Mmmmm! That piece looks great, I love the colors and the way you use the thread in shadows.

Joetta M. said...

hair is good...my favorite is when your eyes are closed and the warm sun shines through your eyelids...oh summer.

and thank you.

Knit - R - Done said...

I'm in love with the colors in that embroidery.